Thursday, August 16, 2007

My photo for schools in Bangladesh



One of my photos has been selected for an exhibition! The exhibition is organized by My Favorite Travel Photo in Melbourne arts space, Dante's Upstairs Gallery and will be held on September 7. The photos from the exhibition will be auctioned to raise money to build schools in Bangladesh.


The most exciting part for me is that one of the judges was Richard I'Anson who is a photographer for Lonely Planet. He also wrote the book I was reading during my trip to Costa Rica where I took the photo. This is the book: Urban Photography.


About the photo. It's "Costa Rican Dancers" which is the first photo of the post. I took it on the first day in Costa Rica. We arrived in San Jose and went to a restaurant in the mountains. The group of dancers performed traditional Costa Rican dances. One of the best features of the restaurant is the spectacular view of the the Central Valley:








Katya



Technorati :

No comments: